Membership – Becoming a member
Become A Member
Unlock our membership perks by joining us today.
What You Need to Apply
5 Items Needed To Become A Member
Anyone who would like to establish a new account with Tulsa FCU must provide the following information before the account is opened:
- Full Name – Legal Name
- Date of Birth – And the date of birth for any secondary account holders
- Physical Address – Must have the residential address. P.O. Box can be requested for mailing purposes but physical address has to be recorded. Army PO or Fleet PO can be used.
- Primary ID
- Alternative ID – If there is a discrepancy with the Primary ID
One of the following with a current address is required for membership. Minors must provide their social security card in addition to the guardian providing one of the primary required forms of ID.
- U.S. State issued Driver’s License
- State of Oklahoma Identification card
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- Permanent Resident Card AKA Green Card
If there is a discrepancy with the Primary ID, such as address, additional identification must be used for further identification. Alternative identification is not to be used as the only means to identify a possible member, but is to be in addition to the Primary ID requirements.
- Current Health Insurance Card
- Current Paystub
- Utility Bill
- Real Estate Tax Bill
- Current Automobile Insurance Verification
- Current Lease or Purchase Contract (within 30 days)
- Proof of Account Ownership of Another Current, Established, and Active Credit Union Account
- Active Duty Papers with Base Address
- Credit Bureau Report (non-documentary)
- Social Security Card
(note: Social security cards which contain “Not Valid For Employment or Valid For Work Only With DHS Authorization” will not be accepted as a form of identification.)
Switching Your Account
3 Simple Steps
Switching your account to Tulsa Federal Credit Union is easy. Just follow these simple steps.
Step 1 – Open your Tulsa Federal Credit Union Membership Account
- Complete The Online Application.
Once you’re approved, you’re ready to benefit from all that comes with your membership. In addition, you’ll be able to sign up for free online banking and free online bill pay.
Step 2 – Transfer Your Direct Deposit and Automatic Payments
- Move your payroll direct deposit to your new Tulsa Federal Credit Union checking account.
Don’t forget to contact your HR department with your new account number.
- Identify automatic payments or withdrawals, such as loans and recurring bills that you have currently set up with your old bank.
Redirect these payments to your new Tulsa Federal Credit Union account at least two weeks before the next payment is due. You will need to provide the routing number – 303986261 and your new Tulsa Federal Credit Union checking account number to set up new automatic payments.
You may also set up free online bill pay making it easy to pay your bills anytime, anywhere.
Step 3 – Close Your Old Accounts
- Once your direct deposit and automatic payments have moved to Tulsa Federal Credit Union, you can close your accounts with your old financial institution.
It is important to allow enough time for any outstanding checks, automatic payments and debit card transactions to clear before closing your old account.
Be sure to destroy any unused check, debit cards and ATM cards.
What You’ll Need to Start an Account Online
4 Items Needed
Creating your online account at Tulsa Federal Credit Union is easy as long as you have these four items ready.
- One form of Identification
- Qualifying forms of ID include the following: Social security card, US driver’s license, US ID card, US military ID, US passport or permanent resident card/alien registration card.
- Home Address
- Current home address. If you have lived in your home for less than two years we will need your previous and current address.
- U.S. Social Security Number
- Required for your and any joint owner you would like on the account.
- Once the application is complete, you will need to select a funding source for initial funds in your requested accounts.